In this episode Jenny talks about the issues and concerns with working with a Prime Contractor, IDIQ, and the math involved in figuring it all out.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re teamed with a large Prime Contractor on a “must-win” bid
- It’s an IDIQ worth nearly a billion dollars
- If you don’t bid on this contract, you could be locked out
Remind Me..What Makes Up the Billing Rate?
- Employee’s hourly pay rate
- Fringe Benefits
- Payroll Taxes
- Group Benefits
- Corporate Expenses
What do you mean my rates are too high?
- How can I get Cleared People to match those Labor Categories at those rates?
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
- Information for Contractors
- Accounting System Requirements
Government Contract Requirements
Should I even bid?
- IF WE WIN…
- We’ll get the work:
- then compete for task orders
- I’ll chase for Candidates willing take a 20% pay cut
- Wait out their clearance approval
- Then have them poached by the prime or the agency itself?
- Oh, and I carry them on payroll for 60-90 days before I can get payment on my invoices?
- So my net profit as a small biz #GovCon is about 5%?
To contact Jenny W Clark
- Self Study
- Hand to Hold
- Prime Focus
- 1:1 Coaching